Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hot Toddie Recipe for a Cold or Flu

I thought that after a week or so of no blogging I'd share the family Hot Toddie recipe.  While I have been coughing and sneezing I have still managed to make more Cuggles creations, but just haven't gotten to the blog, as I was feeling pretty.... 'blog'.

Makes 1 super duper strength hot toddie:

Put these things into a coffee mug -
Juice of one Lemon (half if you're a woos)
A tablespoon of good honey
A shot or 2 of Bundaberg rum (half if you're a woos)
Fill the rest of the mug with boiling water.
When it cools a bit, sip slowly until its all gone.

*Obviously you can leave the rum out and cool it down more if you're making this for a littlie. 

I hope it might help you if you have a cold or flu, this is my husband's late grandfather's recipe.  'Pa's Hot Toddie recipe'.  It works a treat every time for me.  I usually bat my eyelids at my hubby and ask him to make me one while I have a shower before bed.  Then I can sip away with a good book before settling down to sleep with a soothed throat and warm tummy.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails