Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Customer Service - Do you care?

I like to give credit where credit is due, especially in customer service. 

This morning I was once again helped with my experiments and odd sewing questions by Vanessa at John Watts Sewing.  (I have no affiliation with this business other than being a happy customer).  Today I needed a clear 'thing' for my machine as I was finding it hard to see what I was doing with small pieces of applique. Vanessa doesn't even roll her eyes when I forget everyday words thanks to my baby brain. Things like 'you know, that thing under the needle that holds the fabric'. A foot maybe? Yes! 

Vanessa and her colleague found a second hand one for me as they are no longer manufactured for my old, but loved machine.  Vanessa has always offered practical solutions and explains things simply regardless of my question.  There's never any hard sell, just good advice in my experience.

If you're a local to Ipswich and haven't yet discovered John Watts Sewing, I can highly recommend you visit.  I always get a park right outside the front door too, they're opposite Booval Fair Shopping Centre on Brisbane Road outbound.

Happy sewing.  I'm off for a cuppsy before tackling dinner.

4 comments:

  1. I found the same thing with them. I needed a zipper foot and they found me a second hand one that did the job perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for that. I'm pretty sure that is the store that my machine was purchased from when my nanna gave it to me as a gift. Unfortunatly I still know very little about how to use it but I fully intend to get into it very soon.

    I am local to that store so I'll be happy to hit them up when I need help :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to see another well loved and well looked after Elna! I sew on a 35+ year old Elna Supermatic that was my given to my mum on her 18th, by my grandad who owned the first sewing machine shop in Nambour. What a workhorse, hey? Love the pink top on yours, mine is blue:) Thanks for the tip on a good service centre;) Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim I have to agree with you. They are fantastic there. I purchased my new sewing machine there late last year and couldn't have been happier with their service. They stock heaps of notions that are always cheaper than spotlight too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails