Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

At my house: Making Toddler Headbands


Here's another 'midnight special .  After Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters I felt sudden inspiration.  I made this as a thank you for a client's little girl who is having a birthday soon.  It matches one of the personalised tops I made her last week.

Thanks again Lou for the 'At my House' game.  The pattern and tutorial for this headband can be found on Heather Bailey's Blog.  I used about 9.5cm of elastic including allowance for seams to fit a 2 year old.  I made the band width narrower than the pattern and the elastic under the knot is designed to be exposed but I think I can do something about covering it the next time I make one.  Overall, pretty happy with the outcome. : )

5 comments:

  1. Great to fit another burst of creativity into the day. It is nice to be able to do something when the feeling takes you, isn't it? Doesn't happen so often when children are around so may have been a bonus it was in the middle of the night.

    Love the fun bright fabric.

    Thanks for joining in this week. Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the link to the pattern - another to do on my list

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right Lou - I think those ideas start forming during the day and burst out when the house is quiet.

    Welcome Tania. It's a pretty simple pattern, I wonder if your To Do list is anything like mine - too long!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. For some reason it has me thinking of Lucile Ball, I can just see an image of her in something like this. I expect to see toddler Cuggles modelling one next time we catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for commenting on my blog! I feel like I've lost my steam lately (I haven't blogged hardly at all lately). You have re-inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails