Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

At My House: Heirloom Pumpkin Gnocchi with Tomato & Olive Sauce


This is my first attempt at pumpkin gnocchi, any gnocchi actually.  It tasted good, but I did run into some trouble getting to the end result.  Preparing the dough was fine, but making the little shapes requires a fork and a flick of the wrist that I haven't quite mastered.  We'll definitely be having this again, so time to practice next time. 



I used this recipe, cooking my pumpkin by baking it in the oven for half an hour or so.  We were given an heirloom pumpkin from our interstate visitors recently, they bought it from a farmer in Kyogle.  Apparently he sets up his truck outside a servo there if you know the area.  It was beautiful, the flavour was so distinctive and reminded me of the roast pumpkin Nan used to include with our Sunday Roasts.

There are other things happening at our house this week, however I'm doing that stupid, unproductive thing where you have a toddler on your lap thinking you can type a quick post and keep them happy at the same time.  I've pulled her fat little hands off the keyboard and mouse a few times now.  I think it time for a cuppa tea and a nice story with her cuddling in next to me.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the recipe! had to laugh at your mention of having toddler on your lap while typing. many of my blog posts are done doing the exact same thing. i start off on my own, but they have that sixth sense..... i have found that a spare, no longer working, keyboard works for a little while (about 5 minutes!). hope you enjoyed the cup of tea and cuddle instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy. I've always been a bit scared to make gnocchi myself and yes, ditto on the child on the lap, pulling at the arm,screaming in your ear, etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails