Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Finished!!! The Girly Girly Quilt


It's finished! 

I'm not any kind of quilter but this was FUN.  A lot of work even in this simple construction but fun nonetheless.  I even bound the edges properly with mitred corners and a perfectly joined binding... if I do say so.  I made up the pattern for the top - it's just vertical strips about the width of our floor boards - easy to run your scissors along!  I found this article a lot of help with the binding.  I followed all the instructions except I started at the back of the quilt folding the binding over to the front of the quilt and then top stitching with the machine.  I've said it before, I do not hand stitch things. 

By the way, I did finish it in time for Little Miss Cuggle's 3rd birthday a couple of weeks ago. : ) Kim

2 comments:

  1. I've seen it in person and it's stunning and so perfect for the very girly little Miss Cuggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back...the quilt is so lovely and there is no shame in not hand stitching either.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails